2016 is a crazy ride, and whoever disagrees might be a bit loco. 2016 was honestly just a mix of ‘!!!’ and ‘!!!!!!!!’ for me. I personally didn’t have anything bad that happened to me this year but the politics around the world just drove me crazy all year-round. I don’t even want to expound on that since I am on a good mood today.
2016 is a year of travel for me. I’ve taken three major trips and a few minor ones – and I also watched my bank account depleting every time. Lol. I’ve got lost for more than an hour in Hong Kong with my friends, got cornered by a guy in a 7-Eleven branch, visited a place covered in fog for the very first time, went on a foodtrip around Singapore, finally gotten to ride the roller coaster at USS, hoarded lots of clothes at Cotton On, tried surfing, travelled solo (!!!), ate spicy food willingly, experienced autumn, run after the last train at Seoul, had the best barbeque meal ever, rode the world’s second steepest wooden roller coaster, and a whole lot more!
2016 has been insane, to sum it up. Here’s how my 2016 in a nutshell, friends.
2016 in Snapshots
2016 in Months
January: Celebrated my first year at the job. Other than that, not that eventful.
February: First out of the country trip with my friends. It was loads of fun in Hong Kong and I can’t wait to come back – hopefully on my birthday this 2017! Also took a trip with my officemates to Baguio.
March: Became a total homebody, kind of burned out from all the travelling the previous months. The 1975 released an album and Leo won an Oscar! Won a ShopCouponxLazada contest.
April: Spent 9 days in Singapore and visited places that I haven’t visited in my four previous trips. Singapore is my home away from home. Finally gotten to ride Battlestar Galactica at USS, too!
May: Went on a vocal rest since I somehow made my vocal chords really, really sore. 🙁 Took a few days off from work and caught up on movies and series.
June: Went to Puerto Galera for Independence Day long-weekend. Was without any internet for two days, and I loved hanging out with my family with no internet in between. Also my first time to snorkel.
July: Nothing much has happened this month but I’ve been in a reading frenzy and have read over 30 books in just this month.
August: I saw Panic! At The Disco perform live for the first time!!! And The 1975 for the third time!! Fun times!!
September: I can finally go inside a casino. Hehehe. Also went to Baler, Aurora with the fambam and tried out surfing. Spoiler alert: I sucked.
October: Autumn in Korea and my first solo travel experience!! The food in Korea in just superb. And everyone looks to be so fashionable – teach me your ways, guys!
November: We booked a trip for Taiwan for next year, because we are officially the we-go-wherever-discounted-plane-tickets-are-headed-to kind of traveler. Also attended my first #Blogapalooza wherein I met some of my blogger friends in person for the first time!
December: I got promoted at work!!! Also volunteered for an #HourOfCode. It’s basically just teaching/introducing people (mostly kids) to the joy of computer science and coding – no sarcasm there. 😉
Goals for this Year and How I Did
- Explore the Philippines more. I didn’t manage to visit as many places as I had hoped. I’ve give this 7/10.
- Spend less time on the internet. HAHHAHA. As if. Never having this goal again.
- Print out more pictures. Photobooks count, right? I finished my Korea and Hong Kong photobook and I’m just waiting to receive it in the mail.
- Make travel videos. I’ve made three – I was expecting to not accomplish this goal at all! I made one for Singapore, Ilocos, and Puerto Galera travels. <3
- Learn how to drive and cook. Moving this to my 2017 goals. Especially the driving bit.
- Read more books, watch more movies. I was able to finish my Goodreads reading challenge – 100 books, y’all! But I failed on the movie front. I think I only watched around 20 this year.
- Enjoy the year being myself. Done, and done. I’ve been more comfortable in my own skin for the past years and I love it. Learned a lot and grew a lot in this year.
Places I’ve Been To This Year
Concerts I’ve Been To
In The Mix – just one, but it’s hella fun. I think I’m getting old for concerts tho, sadly.
Top Blog Posts for this Year
That’s a wrap, 2016! I’m already claiming that 2017 will be better. You can also check my 2015 in a nutshell post here.