Like most people, I tend to list down ‘resolutions’ or ‘goals’ every start of the year. And like most people, sometimes I go overboard and write down a bunch of things that just wouldn’t be all accomplished within a year. Or things that are far too vague that I have no idea how it would be considered ‘accomplished’. So for the past few days of 2017, I listed and re-listed my goals, getting them down to a pretty manageable and realistic count. I’m pretty happy with the end result and am excited to work on them for this year.
2017, I’m ready for you and here are the list of things that I want to tackle on:
- Reach my financial goal for this year. Which is basically all the money I spent travelling last year and then some.
- Lose the freaking extra weight. ‘nuff said.
- Finally learn how to drive. It’s not fun having to ask my younger cousin, grandpa or mom to drive me. I’m finally learning it this year.
- Travel to two countries. Trying to cut down a bit. I already have Taiwan booked and maybe one more for my 22nd birthday!
- Read 100 books again. I want to do this every year. I finished 102 last year, so I’m hoping to read more.
- Learn something new. Options include Photoshop, JAVA, SAP, video editing, photography, and cooking.
- Have some kind of idea on what life would be like for the next five years. Because honestly? I’m just going with the flow right now. I want to have a solid foundation on the next years would be as I think those are very critical years.
- Rebrand a bit. Nothing too big. Just mostly editing my about me, sidebars, photos used. A little editing on my theme.
- Just stick to using my own photos. Saying no to stock photos this year. More on focusing on editing my own.
- Post updates more consistently. Aiming for at least once a week!
- Start making VLOGs. To have more content and to practice my English diction, at least.
I’ll also be cutting down my goals into small, manageable ones for each quarter of the year. It’s so I can’t use the ‘there’s always next month’ excuse since I have a timeframe. Here are the goals I’ll be working for this January to March.
First Quarter Goals
- Lose some pounds. My best gal and I are doing a biggest loser challenge and the loser has to pay for the other’s hotel stay for our Taiwan trip. Ha ha ha no.
- Apply for government IDs (especially Student’s License and SSS ID). I suck at being an adult since the only government ID I have is my passport.
- Open up an emergency fund account. A separate account that will never be touched unless there’s an actual emergency.
- Read 30 books and watch 5 movies. To keep learning and growing through words and moving pictures.
- Finish up my Singapore and Hong Kong photobooks. …because my coupons are expiring.
- Start and finish up my Korea backlogs. Trying to finish this before my Taiwan trip! So. Much. Backlogs.
- Edit old blog posts. Mostly the photos and will be deleting posts that doesn’t fit in my blog.
That’s it for this year/quarter! It may seem like a lot, but I have already cut out so much from my original list; that was around 10+. Fun fact: I’m the kind of person who always have to be doing something. I always have to have things in my to-do list that I can tick off so these would keep me pretty busy along with my 8-to-6 job.