I spent the past ten minutes trying to find out what term translates to “every four months”. There’s a couple terms floating around but this one stuck to me. Quadrimester is a mix of latin words “quadri” which means four and “mester” which means months. This isn’t a very popular term (for me) but I thought, “eh, good enough.” Of course, I wouldn’t have this problem if I posted after a quarter of this year like I planned to…
Anyway, can you believe we’re done with the first four months of this year? January felt like forever like always then it just *whoosh*, and we’re here in May! I’ll be flying out to a family trip in less than 48 hours but I want to put something out on my blog before I do. I told myself I’ll be posting once a week this year, and I’ll work harder on that resolution once I return on the 14th. In the meantime, here’s a quick what I’ve been up to post for the first quadrimester of the year.
January: Third Year at Work
All my close friends already moved to another company – but here I am, three years later. Work was really hectic at times and working mid-shift and on weekends ensured I have no social life. I’m just thankful that my workmates are really fun to be with.
I’ve also been working on my professional profile as well – updating my LinkedIn, my resume, etc. (If my officemates read this, shhh. Also, connect to me via my LinkedIn!) I’m not planning to move to another company just yet but I’ve been seeing where there could be improvements and I do little by little when I can. It’s also extremely fun and challenging to keep my resume to one page!
February: Japan Trip
Japan is one of my top five places I-really-want-to-visit list, and I was so thrilled to finally set foot on the place. It has been really surreal and I was also able to experience my first snow fall! I can’t wait to talk about it on my blog. For the meantime, I have a twitter thread about it and some videos up.
I can’t wait to come back, but Japan was so expensive!!! Have to save up to be able to do a comeback. In an unrelated note, the Valentine’s Day I had this year is one for the books.
March: Bonding with the Officemates
With how hectic work has been lately, it’s been a thrill to have [NON-WORK] trips with my officemate. For one, we were able to eat at my favorite buffet, Sambokojin, on my day off then went on to play bowling. I usually just really suck at it but I did pretty good at this round! Then we also had our summer outing and I got myself some kind of Fitbit from winning the Bingo game with my officemate’s card. Long story short, he let me keep the prize. Thanks, Robin!
April: I Had a Surgery
I had a minor surgery done to me late this month due to a gynecological reason. I do admit to being anxious and nervous about it, but thankfully all went well! The staff at Asian Hospital were the best and thanks to my health card, I was able to get a pretty big room. I felt like I was at a staycation rather than a hospital stay. Also, thankfully, hospital food are not that bad!
I’m actually on a paid two weeks leave because of it – which is to say I’m using my Magna Carta leave. It’s a special leave for women (that can last as long as two months) if you have any surgery due to gynecological conditions. So my ladies who have PCOS, don’t be scared to be checked regularly. Prevention is better than cure!!!
- I’ve started posting videos on YouTube. Travel vlogging turn out to be fun. I’ve edited and put up Day 1 and Day 2 of my Japan trip, so far!
- I’ve been having more sponsorships with the blog. Which has helped in helping my travel fund grow! This just motivates me more to create new contents and to work my domain authority up to what I have with my previous domain name.
- I’m almost done with my Korea backlogs. Just have two more to go! Tackling that once I get back from my trip to move on to my Taiwan/Japan backlogs.
- I’m earning through Klook. Big thanks to everyone who ordered through my Klook affiliate link!!!!! You da best.
- I enrolled with Arriane Serafico‘s Purposeful Creative online courses. It’s been a real treat to go through the course. I’m still not yet done but I’m excited to go through everything. Have three more courses to finish!
- I watched Infinity Wars twice already and I’m still feeling attacked.
So, that’s it! I still have to do some kind of itinerary for my 10 days trip. Do let me know how/what you’ve been up to in the comments box. I’ve been MIA lately but I miss chatting with you guys. 🙂