And just like that, half of the year is over and done with. Time flies whether you’re having fun or not, true story. But I’m glad to report that the first half of 2016 was amazing to me. The past few years of my life has been incredible, actually – or maybe that’s because my teenage angst phase was over? Anywho, let’s not jinx it. Lol.
I was actually planning to make this post to just talk about my 2016 goals and where I am but I do that every year-end anyway. I decided to add a bit more twist about this mid-year reflection post. I will be doing two sections for this post: things I have accomplished in the first half of the year, and things I haven’t accomplished and probably won’t accomplish at all this year.
Things I Have Accomplished
- I got over my fear of water during our Puerto Galera trip. Not totally, but like 70%. I still won’t cannon ball into the ocean but I was able to float and swim in a who-knows-how-deep sea. I was also able to swim fearlessly in an 8-feet deep pool for hours– which is 3 feet higher than me!
- I’ve joined Arianne’s productivity course and budgeting basics for creative people course. Both have been so eye-opening to me. In the past few weeks, I’ve reevaluated my plans for the next months and learned to reprioritize my life plans. It’s a big help and I encourage you guys to try it. It’s FREE!
- I’ve finally decided which company to sign an investment and insurance plan with. I’ve been planning to do this since last year so I dedicated a weekend to listen to proposals and really dig through the entire thing. I’m planning to officially sign on August, for personal reasons.
- I’m starting to lose some weight. For the past month, I’ve been regularly exercising which is a big deal because prior to that, I was only able to do it for two weeks straight, LOL. I’m loving Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T. It’s a 30-60 exercise videos for 6x a week. It doesn’t even feel like you’re exercising but you’ll be drenched in sweat. Still works even if you don’t diet!
- I was able to create travel videos. I’ve done two for this year and still have a few pending. I love playing around with movie maker and I would probably put my hands on more advanced video editing software soon.
- Starting to learn more about web development. I’m planning to start making WordPress and Blogger themes. In the meantime, I’m learning a lot about Bootstrap. I’m thinking that if we used this on our college thesis, we would’ve finished it in half time. Haha!
Things I Haven’t Accomplished and Probably Won’t Accomplish at All This Year
- I haven’t started to learn how to drive and I probably won’t this year. With rainy season coming in, my paranoia that I’ll hit someone increase tenfold. I’ll probably push this to next year’s plan.
- I won’t visit all the places I’ve listed in my 2016 travel plans. And that’s okay. At a few points in this year, I’ve thought that I have to visit as many places as I can. I realized that this is not a race and that even if I don’t visit a new place in months, then it’s okay. There are plenty of time to do it. No need to feel pressured to travel.
- I won’t reach my target social media numbering. At the start of the year, I had numbers I want to reach, but I probably won’t reach by December 31, 2016. I don’t mind. I’ve made so many friends from all over the world in the past few months and I am beyond happy and grateful for them.
- I’ll fail on spending less time on the internet. I stopped listening to all those people saying that people who are always on the internet has no life. Uh, no. I love being in the internet. I love being connected to people. I love blogging. I love having the option to do some sidelines if I want to.
- I haven’t learn a new language. I was actually planning to learn some French or Italian, but it’s just not a priority right now. I’m moving this to the year that I’ll visit Europe!
- I won’t figure my life out at 20. Or 21, 22, 23, etc. And that’s great! Life is all about learning new things about yourself. It’s okay to have doubts and second thoughts. There are plenty of paths ahead and I’d like to see where my feet would take me.
Most of the things on my Things I Haven’t Accomplished and Probably Won’t Accomplish at All This Year list are actually on my 2016 goals. I’ve been listening to Arianne talk about how to actually finish all your goals and I’ve learned that just listing and compiling a long list of goals that you probably won’t be able to finish is just stressful. You’ll try to finish all the things at once and you probably won’t be able to do it. Or you will, but the results will just be ‘okay’ or ‘mediocre’, at best. My point is, it’s okay not to achieve everything in your list and to stop stressing about it. In the last few weeks, I have outlined the things that I really want to accomplish this year and I ticked off things that are not that important and urgent.
So yes, I would 100% not accomplish all the things I said I would last January 1 and that’s okay. Many changes happen in a span of six months. My priorities changed. My interests changed. And, I shouldn’t feel bad for not finishing all the things I said I would when it’s no longer a priority for me. I don’t feel bad about it.
So, yea, I guess that’s it. If you feel like sharing your mid-year status with me, I’d love to hear your thoughts.