I just turned 20 a month ago but I’ve been having a quarter-life crisis since I was seventeen, lol. The saying “so many things to do, so little time” can’t be anymore near the truth. I have a general idea of what I want to achieve in life. I figured if I write down my life goals– or in this case, blog about it – I’d be more likely to follow-up on it. (Random fact: Lists make me a better, responsible person.)
2015 (20 years old)
- Deposit at least PHP100,000 into my savings account at the end of the year.
- Live a healthier and cheaper lifestyle. Less luxury, more savings to my upcoming out of the country trips!
- Invest. Invest. Invest. Or at least, know more about the stock market and/or saving more money.
- Visit places in Philippines! Doesn’t have to be out of Luzon since it’s already September.
2018 (21-23 years old)
- Visit places out of Luzon – Boracay, Palawan, Cebu, Batanes, Bohol!
- Visit at least 3 Asian countries. I’m thinking Japan, Hong Kong, S. Korea, and Thailand. Singapore doesn’t count anymore, lol.
- Be promoted at work, of course! I need as much extra money as I could get.
- New iPhone. Perhaps the pink iPhone 6S??? You’ll never know.
- Get rid of my fear of running over people and learn how to drive.
2020 (24-25 years old)
- Have half of a million pesos into my savings account. Dreaming big, as you can see.
- Use said money from above and take a leave of absence from work and do a Eurotrip for a month or two!
- Get promoted again. Or start looking for jobs abroad. Hopefully in New York.
- Start searching for a house to buy.
2021 onwards (26 years old up)
- Start paying for a car and a retirement house for the ‘rents.
- Be a millionaire before 30. Or before 35, or 40. Just be a millionaire before I die.
- Move to New York City or somewhere in France. Maybe start a family, or adopt a Siberian Husky.
This post is highly personal and I figured that since I shared it on the World Wide Web, I’ll be more pressured to actually do it – which is good. Funny how they say money isn’t everything but that’s pretty much all I need to accomplish my goals in life.
This post was originally posted last September in my Blogger account. So a month has past and I can already cross out one or two in the 2015 category! I’ve been productive. The layout of this post was inspired by Camie’s life goal post.