Warning: this is a long-ass post.
After three weeks of radio silence on my blog, I just want to say… hi. Welcome to my (hopefully improved) blog. But before I get to talking about the changes I’ve made in my blog, I’ll be talking about something much more important: me. Hahaha. I’m totally kidding, but I really will talk about what I’ve been up to the last month, almost, before I give you guys a quick tour on the new changes in my blog.
The summer heat is insane. It’s been summer since March and I am so ready to say goodbye to the usual 30-35°C weather. On a side note, the hottest day of 2017 so far in the UK is 22°C. Are you kidding? 22 degrees is heaven for me. I should consider moving continents soon. It’s currently 33°C in Manila as I’m typing this entry, and I am so glad I work morning shifts and am stuck inside our air-conditioned office instead of commuting at noon.
I completely went on to ramble, so I’ll just bullet what’s been up lately with my life.
- Our Taiwan trip was over and done with. It was the chill-est trip abroad I’ve ever taken. For me, Taiwan have the feel of old Asia. I enjoyed the trip, and I might come back because I wasn’t able to really try the street foods because of the rain!
- I got back from Bohol last Tuesday. We were planning this trip for a decade, no exaggeration. I loved the place. The province life is not for me, but it’s fun to escape to it from time to time.
- I actually got decent pics from my Bohol trip. I am seriously considering taking my brother along my trips so I get Instagram-worthy pictures of myself.
- Nothing, no improvements here. I will continue spring cleaning this weekend, and will do a hard look on where I want to go forward career-wise. Naks, #adulting.
- I have an irrational fear of doctors and dentists, but I dragged myself to the hospital four times last month. Thank God for health insurance! I saved more than 20K pesos!
- My Bohol trip was with my extended family. So, there were 20 of us touring Bohol in two vans. Family bonding, at its finest.
- Papa’s home until next week. I predict a lot of mall trips and food trips until then. Guys, being a child of an OFW is hard – regardless if he comes visit 2-3 times a year or if we go visit him.
- Celebrated my high school best friend’s birthday. We ate our weight in Sambojokin and sang our hearts out in karaoke. Fun, fun times!
- I got transferred to a new project, so I’ll be exposed on a new work culture. So far, it’s looking like it’ll be hard to get approved vacation leaves unlike in my old project – where no leaves of mine get disapproved. Yikes. BUT it’s a different skill on the new project so there’s a lot more to learn that I’m excited about.
Let’s talk about my blog.
I was thinking of doing a total rebranding and to ditch my domain name but… the one I like is still not available. I want the RICHEL.NET domain so badly that I still randomly check if it’s available once in a while. I’ve been eyeing it since last year. Haha. Huhu.
I settled on the next best thing: changed my designs. I spent months finding a theme that looks this good, so when I saw it, I just have to have it. I ended up spending
a lot for this theme, and this would probably it for the whole year, at least.
I have a shop page now.
My room is a mess
still. I have so much clutter that I want to get rid of it. Right now, I am selling personalized travel itineraries and my books for really cheap prices. Ordering would be so easy. You just add the item to your cart and check-out! In the next few days, I’ll also be putting up second hand clothes, bags, and shoes. I’ll also be putting some things up for FREE like my crazy Candy mag collection. I have more than twenty magazines that I want to give away. I am a tweet away if you’re having problems.
I have added category indexes.
I said goodbye to the generic category pages, and said hello to the category index option that my new theme is offering. It looks pretty to me now, but I might still do some small tweaks in the next few days. You know me, never satisfied with my blog’s look. I’ve only done a few of my categories, since I’m still bugging the support for my theme. Hehe. This should all be done before the month is over, but I want to publish new posts already.
The other changes are minimal.
You won’t really notice until I tell you about them. But, I am looking forward to you guys finding out about them once you explore my li’l ole blog.
I was pretty bored about life, lately – except for my few travels in between. Still unmotivated, but I at least got my blog a small makeover. Gotta celebrate the small wins in life.