What’s the best way to survive a flight? It’s to make sure that everything you need is in your in-flight bag aka hand-carry. I’ve been to one too many flights where it’s either I have no source of entertainment, it’s filled with loud crying babies, or alone that I have a pretty solid list of what my in-flight travel essentials are. And given the scary cases of lost baggage, I have taken to placing all my travel essentials in my carry-on.
With no further ado, I present to you: my top 5 in-flight travel essentials.
1. Passport Holder/Wallet. When travelling, you have to be very wary of your travel documents. Any missing one and that might turn your trip to a disaster. Being an organized freak, I like everything to be in one place. With this passport holder/wallet, I can place my passport, boarding pass, immigration slips, a pen, a few cards and cash in one place. The best thing is that it’s against those skimming devices so everything in here is safe physically and digitally.
2. Powerbank and cable. Whoever invented the power banks is a hero in my book. I especially need it during long flights. I mostly watch movies, listen to music, or read books on my phone when I can’t sleep on the flight so a powerbank is a life-saver.
3. Noise-Cancelling Earphones. If you know me, you’ll know that I never go anywhere without my earphones. And ever since I took a solo flight home with three kids crying and shouting non-stop for three hours, I found love in noise-cancelling earphones. Listening to music and watching movies with no unnecessary background noise is heaven during flights for me.
4. Neck pillow. I fight tooth and nail to get window seats so I can sleep as best as I could during a flight. Sometimes, it doesn’t work so I have a neck pillow with me. It helps me feel comfortable the entire time and helps me avoid any stiff necks! It’s not a good way to say ‘hello’ to a new country when you have a stiff neck! Plus, it’s Baymax!!
5. Cashmere Scarf. This has so many purpose. You can use it as a blanket, pillow case, eye mask, face mask, etc. I usually use it as a blanket to keep warm or if I just want to sink away from everyone on the plane and be a burrito. Also, you can wrap it around your neck when in the airport and you can already look fashionable – even when in a shirt and pants combo!
That concludes my top 5! The best thing about my list is that you can get everything from Lazada Philippines. Lazada Philippines is a one-stop online shop that basically contains everything. From travel essentials to clothes to cameras. And I have to admit that I spend way too much time window-shopping at their site. The good news is there is an on-going ShopCoupons x Lazada Philippines Blogger Contest that gives you the chance to win PHP 10,000 worth of gift certificates. To know more about the contest, click here. Btw, even if you don’t join the contest, you can get a PHP 200 voucher just for signing up + they’ll be having a birthday sale from March 15-18, 2016.
And yes, you are right; this is my entry to the contest I’ve mentioned above. With (hopefully) good luck, I might even win and be able to buy myself a new set of travel essentials!
PS. I didn’t include my phone in my travel essentials because, let’s face it, my phone is like a third arm to me or something. 😉