I admitted to myself just a few minutes ago that I write Life Lately posts when I’m too uninspired, unmotivated, or just plain lazy to document the actual things happening in my life lately. I also feel like I’m just in a slump right now. I wake up, exercise (sometimes), get ready, go to work, get back, eat, and sleep. Again and again and again. On the weekends, I go out to eat or for church then back again to just sit in my bed and just waste my time on my phone or just sleeping. I haven’t been in this lazy stump for a while and I’m not sure how much longer it will last. Lol @ how my social media accounts is portraying that my life is exciting and amazing at the moment.
I know this happens; some kind of (life) block or something. When all I want to do is curl up in bed and waste away my time. Mindlessly watching America’s Next Top Model or just thinking of what to eat next. Not doing about what I would usually do, like making blog posts, videos, re-organizing my room and whatnot. I also know that I’m just rambling and not making sense right now. I’d finish this post in fifteen minutes tops, I think.
UGH. I’m working on forcing myself out of this funk by doing the following:
- Reading. I finished around ten books this past two weeks which is something. I’m hoping this will inspire me to work back on my passion projects soon.
- Making an itinerary. Almost done with our Taiwan itinerary. It’s the one thing that really made my brain work for the past few days. And it’s making me excited for our future trip.
- Watching vlogs. I’m planning to document my next trip video-style, so I’m looking at how other people do it. I don’t claim to not be inspired by other people. I’m actually looking forward to try and make a vlog this weekend. Fingers crossed.
In the meantime, here are some of the things that happened this January-February. It’s not much, since, like I said, I was in a slump.
- Our team building finally happened last weekend. We went to Enchanted Kingdom and I finally won myself a giraffe stuffed toy! Achievement unlocked, but we ended up cashing a lot just to play games, especially my teammates. *insert side eye emoji here*
- We also stayed at this Nuvali AirBNB that is really my dream house. All minimalist and white. BTW, you can sign up here for an AirBNB account and you’ll get a free $40 credit.
- My boss introduced me to this Hazelnut spread that is better than Nutella, imo. It’s Crumpy Hazelnut Spread. I’m heading out to buy it after I finish writing this post.
- Silantro is my favorite Fil-Mex restaurant. I’ve been to the place four times this year and I already tried out around half of the menu. Hoping to blog about it in the future.
- I already blogged about the recent BGC trip with the extended family.
- I watched Moana for more than four times now. And I have completely memorized 80% of the songs in this Disney Spotify playlist. #NoShame
- For a Valentine’s date with my friends, we watched 50 Shades Darker. We laughed and snickered for more than half of it. It was so… blah. Didn’t like the acting and the storyline was just dragged on. 10/10 would not recommend. I didn’t even watch the first movie. Only watched it because the birthday girl liked the books before.
- Safe to say, we’re not watching the next 50 Shades movie for next year. Whew!
This is me lately. That’s it???? So uneventful; I’m surprised at this round-up. But the next two months will be more eventful with two major trips coming in. And holy crap, I want to not feel so meh soon.