Hello, friends. I’m Richel and welcome to my small space here in the interweb. I started blogging on my 21st birthday a month ago. I took up space in Blogger to try it out, and after a month, I was hooked. Today, I am going to start blogging on WordPress.org. This is all made possible thanks to my wonderful host, Ate Grace of Grace.PH!
Why exactly did I start a blog? The answer’s simple: I can’t keep up with a journal or a scrapbook. This is the next best thing, the online version of it. It’s not a completely personal diary. I won’t be sprouting off about this guy who I’ve liked throughout high school or these girls who were bullies… Wait, actually, I might talk about things like that, too. This is after-all, my online journal – just a little bit more filtered since I have the World Wide Web to judge me for it.
I do actually have some main themes on what will be present on my blog and they are the following:
- Personal: my everyday shenanigans included but not limited to playlists, movie dates, thoughts and rants.
- Travel: gushing about a new place and culture, sinfully good food, post cards, travel videos, and the works.
- Travel Guides: itineraries, how to get visas, and some tips regarding the place.
- Bands: photos from the concerts I’ve been to AND photos I took with the band, if I am ever fortunate enough to meet them.
- Books: book reviews, thoughts and opinions, and might also include rants about books turned to movies.
I feel like I should also talk about myself in here. But, I’ll redirect you to my About Me page instead. I suck at introducing myself, and I managed to do a solid introduction on that page. I think. Or, well, at least I hope so.
One thing that’s not included in that page that you guys would probably know if you stick around is that… I’m a perfectionist. This blog post is entirely rewritten today, February 10, 2017. I only retained like 10% of the original blog post since reading back just made me cringe.
Keeping this blog will both make me sane and just insane at the same time.
PS. Can you guys recommend me some good WordPress plug-ins to try? Thank you. xx